Harry Edwards

01952 505835

Frequently Asked Questions


Q: Who can get help from the Social Fund of The Department of Work and Pensions?

A: You may get help if: you have insufficient money to pay for the funeral, you are responsible for arranging the funeral and you or your partner are claiming one or more of the following:-

  • Income Support

  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance

  • Income Related Employment & Support Allowance

  • Pension Credit

  • Housing Benefit

  • Council Tax Benefit

  • Working Tax Credit which includes a disability element

  • Child Tax Credit at a higher rate than the family element.

The Benefits Agency of the Department for Work and Pensions will give further information regarding conditions attached to the claims and payment. Payments have to be paid back to the Social Fund from any estate of the person who died, if money becomes available.

< Back to Questions